Having deployed a Sales Force Automation software is a job half done. The other half is to get people to use it.
In most cases, there is an initial resistance from the sales team. They are used to their old ways of using pen and paper. The MIS team does all the number-crunching work. The data is erroneous but there is no way to find out.
There are a few points that the Sales Heads can keep in mind while persuading their team to use the Sales Force Automation software:-
1) Stop taking reports in excel! Take reports only from the sales force automation software.
2) Ask the team to claim their expenses in the SFA software.
3) Let the team view their reports on the move right from a mobile app. So, they know where they are heading during the course of the month.
4) Have an internal person well trained for hand-holding the team in case of training issues.
5) During the Weekly sales call or the monthly sales call, ignore any data except the one from the Sales Automation software.
6) Stop giving route plans / PJP on paper. Instead, ask the team to log in to their mobile apps.
Once all the communication starts happening through the sales force automation software, the team will realize its benefits and adhere to its usage.